Note For Anyone Writing About Me

Guide to Writing About Me

I am an Autistic person,not a person with autism. I am also not Aspergers. The diagnosis isn't even in the DSM anymore, and yes, I agree with the consolidation of all autistic spectrum stuff under one umbrella. I have other issues with the DSM.

I don't like Autism Speaks. I'm Disabled, not differently abled, and I am an Autistic activist. Self-advocate is true, but incomplete.

Citing My Posts

MLA: Zisk, Alyssa Hillary. "Post Title." Yes, That Too. Day Month Year of post. Web. Day Month Year of retrieval.

APA: Zisk, A. H. (Year Month Day of post.) Post Title. [Web log post]. Retrieved from http://yesthattoo.blogspot.com/post-specific-URL.

Monday, May 6, 2013

Completely making up which day goes with which NaPoWriMo poem

Working with the assumption that these are 25-27. Even though I'm pretty sure Ocean was actually 29 because I wrote it on the bus to get my passport application in and I think that was on the 29th.


Ocean

Salty air.
Waves.
A lighthouse.
White where a motor churned sky into sea,
Rainbow films above the white,
Darkening as sky returns to sky,
As white fades back to sea.


Happy

She is happy, they say.
They imitate a smile, a flap.
They do not know why.
Perhaps they do not care.
Perhaps they do not need to know.
The meaning is clear,
And that is enough.


Naming

Naming colors,
Naming color schemes,
Naming designs.
How?
It is abstract.
It is not of a thing,
It is not of an idea,
It is not of a meaning,
It is not of an emotion.
What can it be called?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete comments for personal attacks, derailing, dangerous comparisons, bigotry, and generally not wanting my blog to be a platform for certain things.