Note For Anyone Writing About Me

Guide to Writing About Me

I am an Autistic person,not a person with autism. I am also not Aspergers. The diagnosis isn't even in the DSM anymore, and yes, I agree with the consolidation of all autistic spectrum stuff under one umbrella. I have other issues with the DSM.

I don't like Autism Speaks. I'm Disabled, not differently abled, and I am an Autistic activist. Self-advocate is true, but incomplete.

Citing My Posts

MLA: Zisk, Alyssa Hillary. "Post Title." Yes, That Too. Day Month Year of post. Web. Day Month Year of retrieval.

APA: Zisk, A. H. (Year Month Day of post.) Post Title. [Web log post]. Retrieved from http://yesthattoo.blogspot.com/post-specific-URL.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A boat! A boat!

My dad has a boat. He got it from a relative getting rid of theirs. He put it in the water today, and it was great. Because I got to ride in the boat down to the landing (it's about a mile, I never got to do that before it was so cool!) and then I was in the boat as they put it in the water, and then we got to take a boat ride. Which was made of win. I like boats.  I like the wind on my face, and the smell of the salt air, and the rocking of the boat on the water. It's great.
(In order to be on the boat for the first ride of the year, Dad's rule is that you have to know basic water survival and be a good swimmer. I am probably the strongest swimmer in the family, seeing as I can and have swum three miles without stopping. I can also swim the length of a pool (25 yard pool) without needing to breathe using butterfly, front crawl, or breaststroke. I've never tried to do so backstroke because that would be kind of pointless.) )
It was also time alone with my dad. He has some trouble with the whole "Alyssa is Autistic" thing, but not with any of the actual traits that I have. I dunno, it's weird. But we talked about life in general, and it was mostly good. He gets that I am not "normal" and never will be. He gets that this doesn't bother me. I don't think he gets how badly I would fail if I tried to be normal, but I don't think it's that huge a deal because I don't plan to try. I plan to keep being my own weird, Autistic self.
I played catch with my sister. I made pasta for dinner to share with both my sisters. It was pretty good.
Oh, and I'm fairly sure my left little toenail is about to fall off, after all this time. I injured it over spring break, about two months ago, and it's currently hanging on by a thread. Whoops. I have skills. And by skills, I mean the ability to stub my little toe hard enough to draw blood and eventually lose the nail. Blech.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete comments for personal attacks, derailing, dangerous comparisons, bigotry, and generally not wanting my blog to be a platform for certain things.