Note For Anyone Writing About Me

Guide to Writing About Me

I am an Autistic person,not a person with autism. I am also not Aspergers. The diagnosis isn't even in the DSM anymore, and yes, I agree with the consolidation of all autistic spectrum stuff under one umbrella. I have other issues with the DSM.

I don't like Autism Speaks. I'm Disabled, not differently abled, and I am an Autistic activist. Self-advocate is true, but incomplete.

Citing My Posts

MLA: Zisk, Alyssa Hillary. "Post Title." Yes, That Too. Day Month Year of post. Web. Day Month Year of retrieval.

APA: Zisk, A. H. (Year Month Day of post.) Post Title. [Web log post]. Retrieved from http://yesthattoo.blogspot.com/post-specific-URL.

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Your Next Installment of... NaPoWriMo Poems!

April 16-18


Flap

Large hands, loud hands,
Flappy flappy happy hands,
Spread arms, flapping arms,
Telling the world of my joy.
An obsessive joy, you say?
Perhaps.
But JOY.
Do not begrudge my happiness.
Do not prevent its expression.
I will flap.



Tianjin

A place I have not yet been.
A place I have not yet seen.
I will be a foreigner,
But not alone,
No more than I am here.
Not isolated,
No more than I am here.
There will be no culture shock.
Just the realization:
For once, I should feel like a foreigner.


 If Only/But Really



If only we could be ourselves.
But really we are afraid.
If only we had the nerve,
But really we are cowards.
If only, if only, the woodpecker sighs,
But really, the world is as it is.
If only is all well and good,
But really is life.

(I took creative writing three times in high school, and this was a pattern that we played around with for poetry on occasion.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete comments for personal attacks, derailing, dangerous comparisons, bigotry, and generally not wanting my blog to be a platform for certain things.