Note For Anyone Writing About Me

Guide to Writing About Me

I am an Autistic person,not a person with autism. I am also not Aspergers. The diagnosis isn't even in the DSM anymore, and yes, I agree with the consolidation of all autistic spectrum stuff under one umbrella. I have other issues with the DSM.

I don't like Autism Speaks. I'm Disabled, not differently abled, and I am an Autistic activist. Self-advocate is true, but incomplete.

Citing My Posts

MLA: Zisk, Alyssa Hillary. "Post Title." Yes, That Too. Day Month Year of post. Web. Day Month Year of retrieval.

APA: Zisk, A. H. (Year Month Day of post.) Post Title. [Web log post]. Retrieved from http://yesthattoo.blogspot.com/post-specific-URL.

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Rules

Words,
Syllables,
Ideas.

Metaphor,
Simile,
Symbolism?

Or do I dare refuse
The statements
Of what makes writers?

Am I not the writer I think I am?
Or are the rules not so hard as you believe?

1 comment:

  1. Holy S--t Alyssa! You beat me to my own poem. Years ago in college as a Lit. major I learned about the many different ways of judging/rating a writers work. Flow, grammar, popularity, profoundness, depth are just a few. Some even contradict each other. Art is so subjective. It may be even more difficult for us (Aspie here) as communication is often challenging, especially with neurotypicals and in person. I remember sometimes showing classmates my work and at first being accused of plagiarism because they thought it was so good. I guess they thought that if I was so bad at talking I must be bad at writing too. Especially in poetry, "rules" are not absolute.

    ReplyDelete

I reserve the right to delete comments for personal attacks, derailing, dangerous comparisons, bigotry, and generally not wanting my blog to be a platform for certain things.