Note For Anyone Writing About Me

Guide to Writing About Me

I am an Autistic person,not a person with autism. I am also not Aspergers. The diagnosis isn't even in the DSM anymore, and yes, I agree with the consolidation of all autistic spectrum stuff under one umbrella. I have other issues with the DSM.

I don't like Autism Speaks. I'm Disabled, not differently abled, and I am an Autistic activist. Self-advocate is true, but incomplete.

Citing My Posts

MLA: Zisk, Alyssa Hillary. "Post Title." Yes, That Too. Day Month Year of post. Web. Day Month Year of retrieval.

APA: Zisk, A. H. (Year Month Day of post.) Post Title. [Web log post]. Retrieved from http://yesthattoo.blogspot.com/post-specific-URL.

Monday, April 22, 2013

April 19-21 NaPoWriMo

Trigger Warning: References to shooters and the Boston Marathon Bombing.


Unnamed

I will not learn his name.
I will not learn his face.
Nor where he is from,
Nor what he said on Twitter,
Not if I can help it.
Let him fade.
We do not need to know him.

The MIT police officer,
The runners who continued to the hospital,
Those who lost limbs or lives,
Those names, those faces.
They are the ones we should know.


Something New

I do not watch.
I know what I will hear,
And truly, I'd rather not.
I've seen this dance, I know the steps,
I've better things to do than watch,
Than listen, than spend my day in fear.

They will be racist, if they can.
They will be ableist, if they can.
They will be bigots, one way or another.
I do not need to see it.

So I will write,
And I will draw,
And I will stay away.
In this time, I will create.

I can not replace what has been lost,
But I can make something new.


Bostonia


We come together,
As knights of Bostonia,
All together,
And we will not fall.
Too ornery, too stubborn.
No lone wolf can break knights.
The lone wolf should listen up,
For all together, we are Boston.

I have had State Radio's Knights of Bostonia on repeat all week. I might be a bit echolalic. Maybe. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete comments for personal attacks, derailing, dangerous comparisons, bigotry, and generally not wanting my blog to be a platform for certain things.