Note For Anyone Writing About Me

Guide to Writing About Me

I am an Autistic person,not a person with autism. I am also not Aspergers. The diagnosis isn't even in the DSM anymore, and yes, I agree with the consolidation of all autistic spectrum stuff under one umbrella. I have other issues with the DSM.

I don't like Autism Speaks. I'm Disabled, not differently abled, and I am an Autistic activist. Self-advocate is true, but incomplete.

Citing My Posts

MLA: Zisk, Alyssa Hillary. "Post Title." Yes, That Too. Day Month Year of post. Web. Day Month Year of retrieval.

APA: Zisk, A. H. (Year Month Day of post.) Post Title. [Web log post]. Retrieved from http://yesthattoo.blogspot.com/post-specific-URL.

Monday, July 16, 2012

Another poem...

So, once again for that literature class, we were supposed to write a poem to a parent. Here it be:
Don't Feel Bad
Don't feel bad about what you couldn't see
When no sign stood alone,
When knowing may well have been worse.

Don't feel bad about when you denied
What no parent would want to see,
What still absolutely was.

Don't feel bad about what you couldn't prevent
What was wrong,
What still had to be.

I know.
You want to feel bad.
But think about it.

Would it have been better if you'd known?
Assuming, of course, that you'd reacted as most would.
No.

Could you have helped?
Perhaps, but they would have hurt more.
If they'd known, it wouldn't have been abuse, but therapy.

So that's it.
I'm glad you couldn't see.
Don't feel bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete comments for personal attacks, derailing, dangerous comparisons, bigotry, and generally not wanting my blog to be a platform for certain things.