Note For Anyone Writing About Me

Guide to Writing About Me

I am an Autistic person,not a person with autism. I am also not Aspergers. The diagnosis isn't even in the DSM anymore, and yes, I agree with the consolidation of all autistic spectrum stuff under one umbrella. I have other issues with the DSM.

I don't like Autism Speaks. I'm Disabled, not differently abled, and I am an Autistic activist. Self-advocate is true, but incomplete.

Citing My Posts

MLA: Zisk, Alyssa Hillary. "Post Title." Yes, That Too. Day Month Year of post. Web. Day Month Year of retrieval.

APA: Zisk, A. H. (Year Month Day of post.) Post Title. [Web log post]. Retrieved from http://yesthattoo.blogspot.com/post-specific-URL.

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Ugh. China. Why?

China just gave two of their companies a monopoly on internet telephony by making it illegal to use anyone else's service for that. One effect is that skype is now illegal there, so far as I can tell. They have quite the tendency to block out foreign products and make people use Chinese versions there. (ex: yes, facebook, twitter, and youtube are all blocked in China, but there are Chinese equivalents that aren't blocked for all of them. Google recently got out of China under pressure, and Baidu, the Chinese equivalent, has essentially no competition anymore.) So, China has a lot of protectionist policies, and it seems to like cutting itself off from the world some. It's kind of annoying, since I study Chinese, have been there three times, and will be going again for a year. And, you know, this blog is based on google stuff? Blogspot is a google product. So I'll have to sharpen my getting to blocked sites skills, I suspect. I can understand what they're trying to do- they want to help their economy, and they want to keep people on sites they can censor themselves if need be. Also, this is China. China has a history of isolating itself. Not news. But it's still annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete comments for personal attacks, derailing, dangerous comparisons, bigotry, and generally not wanting my blog to be a platform for certain things.