Note For Anyone Writing About Me

Guide to Writing About Me

I am an Autistic person,not a person with autism. I am also not Aspergers. The diagnosis isn't even in the DSM anymore, and yes, I agree with the consolidation of all autistic spectrum stuff under one umbrella. I have other issues with the DSM.

I don't like Autism Speaks. I'm Disabled, not differently abled, and I am an Autistic activist. Self-advocate is true, but incomplete.

Citing My Posts

MLA: Zisk, Alyssa Hillary. "Post Title." Yes, That Too. Day Month Year of post. Web. Day Month Year of retrieval.

APA: Zisk, A. H. (Year Month Day of post.) Post Title. [Web log post]. Retrieved from http://yesthattoo.blogspot.com/post-specific-URL.

Friday, June 1, 2012

I'm back and jet-lagged.

I am back. I am jet-lagged. I woke up around 3 this morning. Yay! Anyways, stuff I am planning to write about soon:
1) I'm going to examine exactly what is wrong with the ``I am Autism" video, line by line, because that video is so bad that it still deserves is this much later. Also, Autism Speaks never apologized for it.
2) The couple that caged their autistic boys was found not guilty on all charges. Dear World: WHY? HOW? WHAT?
3) Oh, hey. There is an article in the UK finding that somewhere around 1 adult in 100 is autistic. I guess autism isn't a new thing, since if it were, we would find some random age gap where evaluating people doesn't find this ~1% autistic anymore. (sarcasm alert: I'm well aware that autism isn't new, but that the label is.)
4) Mother learns that 2 year old son is autistic? We already have enough parent based awareness, thank you. Now stop calling autism tragic before the tragedy model gets another one of us killed and the killer still considered a good person who cracked under stress. It's not cool.
5) An open letter to Jenny McCarthy as well, since I've already written one to Playboy.
6) Probably more rants about Generation Rescue, since I'm not going in to that open letter without more knowledge of exactly which abuses in the name of treatment she condones, and I'm not going to be able to keep quiet about what I read until I get the actual letter written.

I'm also going to print and mail that letter to Playboy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete comments for personal attacks, derailing, dangerous comparisons, bigotry, and generally not wanting my blog to be a platform for certain things.